A supervised project involving research and leading to the production of a research report.
This 40-point paper provides the opportunity to undertake a research project under the supervision of an academic staff member. At the end of the second semester the results of the project are reported in the form of a dissertation. This paper is usually part of a one-year Postgraduate Diploma in Science and is also required for direct entry into a one-year thesis-only research MSc degree.
|Paper title||Research Project|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,071.03|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$12,031.80|
- BIOC 481
- Limited to
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
- Prof Julian Eaton-Rye
- Text books not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Communication, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Effective analysis and written communication of scientific results