A supervised project involving research and leading to the production of a research report.
For a more complete description of this paper please view the Centre for Materials Science and Technology website
|Paper title||Research Project|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,809.62|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$13,815.95|
- Limited to
- MAppSc, PGDipAppSc, PGCertAppSc
- More information link
- View more information on the Centre for Materials Science and Technology website
- Teaching staff
Course Co-ordinator: Associate Professor Azam Ali
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Course outline
- View course outline for BIOE 480
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Employ effective information search strategies
- Undertake a literature review that places the topic within a wider field of knowledge
- Critically analyse a body of knowledge relevant to the research problem in the bioengineering field
- Select, justify and apply appropriate method(s) as the foundation for further investigation
- Analyse, present and discuss findings in the context of the wider field
- Prepare a written report on the project in a manner appropriate to the readership