2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
Provides exposure to multi-cultural and international influences on business and global economics, including communications, governance, accountability and ethics. Designed to develop skills for graduates working in all international environments.
|Paper title||The Environment of Business and Economics|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,365.11|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,026.17|
- Limited to
- BCom(Hons), MBusDataSc, MFinc, MIntBus, MProfAcct, MSusBus
- For BCom(Hons) students, this paper is intended only for those studying Accounting.
- Teaching staff
Dr Frederico Botafogo
- To be advised
- Course outline
- View the course outline for BSNS 401
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Information literacy,
Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Develop an appreciation of ethics from multicultural perspectives and, also, within an international business environment
- Understand and demonstrate the frameworks and structures of conducting business in a number of cultural contexts from around the world
- Appreciate the nature of financial reporting and accountability across different countries and be able to provide critical reflection on these topics
- Strengthen abilities to communicate effectively in a multicultural business environment, including an appreciation of various business-related disciplines
- Develop a research plan that incorporates the learning objectives, as listed above, to apply appropriate methods to an investigation and to summarise and communicate the results