Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
A supervised project involving research and leading to the production of a research report.
Students carry out an independent research project with the guidance and support of an academic supervisor.
|Paper title||Research Project|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year
1st Non standard period (12 July 2021 - 15 June 2022) (On campus)
2nd Non standard period (29 November 2021 - 4 November 2022) (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,166.68|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$11,931.47|
- BTNY 481
- Limited to
- Carried out over 9 to 10 months, involving an average of 12 to 13 hours of work per week.
- Teaching staff
Co-ordinator: Dr Linn Hoffmann
Lecturers: Academic staff in Botany
- Paper Structure
- A research project with student-supervisor meetings, independent research and self-directed learning.
- Teaching Arrangements
- Independent research as required, attendance at seminars, student-supervisor meetings and oral presentation.
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Critical thinking, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will demonstrate the ability to carry out independent research under the guidance of an academic supervisor.