A supervised project involving original research and leading to the production of a dissertation.
Students carry out an independent research project with the guidance and support of an academic supervisor.
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year
1st Non standard period (10 July 2023 - 12 June 2024) (On campus)
2nd Non standard period (27 November 2023 - 1 November 2024) (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,227.00|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- BSc(Hons), PGDipSci
- Carried out over 9 to 10 months, involving an average of 16 to 18 hours of work per week.
- Teaching staff
Co-ordinator: Associate Professor Linn Hoffmann
Lecturers: Academic staff in the Botany department.
- Paper Structure
- A research project with student-supervisor meetings, independent research and self-directed learning.
- Teaching Arrangements
- Independent research as required, attendance at seminars, student-supervisor meetings and oral presentation.
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Critical thinking, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will demonstrate the ability to carry out independent research under the guidance of an academic supervisor.