A supervised project involving original research and leading to the production of a dissertation.
Students carry out an independent research project with the guidance and support of an academic supervisor.
|Points||60 points 60 points|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year, 1st Non standard period (6 July 2020 - 16 June 2021)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,001.00|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$17,377.50|
- Limited to
- BSc(Hons), PGDipSci
- Teaching staff
Co-ordinator: Dr David Orlovich,
Lecturers: Academic staff in Botany
- Paper Structure
- A research project with student-supervisor meetings, independent research and self-directed learning.
- Teaching Arrangements
- Independent research as required, attendance at seminars, student-supervisor meetings and oral presentation.
- Text books are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Critical thinking, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The ability to carry out independent research under the guidance of an academic supervisor.