A supervised project involving research and leading to the production of a research report.
CHEM 480 Research Project involves carrying out an original experimental research project on some aspect of state-of-the art chemistry.
|Paper title||Research Project|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,010.70|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$10,710.93|
- CHEM 481
- Limited to
- Dr Nigel T. Lucas
Tel 64 3 479 5377
Location: Science II, 3n11
- More information link
- View more information about CHEM 480
- Teaching staff
- Course Co-ordinators: Dr Nigel T. Lucas
As CHEM 480 is a paper taken by graduate research students, teaching staff will be those academic staff acting as research supervisors.
- Paper Structure
- Depends on individual project, but concludes with the submission of a research report in late September/early October.
- Text books are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Scholarship, Critical thinking,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of advanced concepts, theories, applications and current trends in chemistry
- Demonstrate practical expertise in the laboratory