Scientific basis of dental research; design and completion of a research protocol.
|Paper title||Research Evaluation and Design|
|Teaching period||1st Non standard period (21 January 2019 - 13 December 2019)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$17,054.00|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$32,448.00|
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
- Course co-ordinators are discipline specific.
Details will be provided after admission to the programme.
- Required course materials will be advised through discipline-specific course books.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics,
Environmental literacy, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The emphasis is on providing the student with education relating to basic research tools for thesis development. The student will be introduced to the research environment and will be expected to utilise the didactic teaching received to identify a research question and develop an experiment/study protocol. Where appropriate, they will apply for research funding and/or ethics approval.