Preparation of a thesis proposal/preliminary thesis research.
For a more complete description of this paper please view the Clothing and Textiles website
|Paper title||Master's Thesis Preparation|
|Subject||Clothing and Textile Sciences|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2019|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,734.96|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$11,032.23|
- CLTX 495
- Limited to
- In the case of part-time students it is recommended that students take at least two 400-level taught papers before enrolling in CLTE 495.
- Teaching staff
- Course Co-ordinator: Professor Raechel Laing
- Paper Structure
- Individual supervision meetings
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will be able to
- Identify and develop an appropriate research problem and plan and conduct preliminary work within ethical guidelines
- Employ effective information search strategies, leading to a literature review in which the topic is placed within a wider field of knowledge
- Critically analyse a body of knowledge relevant to the research problem in the clothing and textile sciences field
- Develop, select, justify and, where relevant, apply appropriate methods as the foundation for further research
- Analyse, present and discuss findings in an appropriate manner
- Prepare a written report on the project for a relevant readership