2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
The integration of strategic business functions and processes by which business leaders prepare their firms for growth, and typical problems faced in planning for business growth.
Apply theories, models and paradigms of strategic planning. Understand macro environment and internal factors impacting businesses in international markets.
|Paper title||Strategic Planning for International Markets|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2020, expected to be offered in 2021|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,229.88|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,622.50|
- BMBA 509
- Limited to
- Only available to students enrolled in the Chinese Language version of the MBA.
Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
For information on the parallel paper available for the English Language version of the MBA, please see BMBA509
- Teaching staff
Convenor: Susan Steer
Textbooks are not required for this paper
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
Global perspective, interdisciplinary perspective, lifelong learning, communication, critical thinking, cultural understanding, ethics, environmental literacy, information literacy, self-motivation, teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course you will have gained a robust understanding of the following:
- Application of theories, models and paradigms of strategic planning
- The integration of the functions of a business, operationally and strategically
- Processes by which business leaders prepare their firms for growth analysis and diagnosis of typical problems which face businesses when planning for growth
- The macro environment and internal factors impacting businesses in international markets
- Critical issue assessment and resource allocation to address growth objectives
- Effective methods of synthesising large volumes of data and information and presenting plans to boards and senior decision-makers
- Effective presentation of ideas and recommendations under peer examination
- Teamwork under pressure, time management and conflict resolution