Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
An independent research project with supervision from academic staff. Particularly beneficial to students considering postgraduate study in Computer Science.
|Paper title||Research Project|
|Teaching period||Full Year (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,092.15|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,004.75|
- (COSC 201 or COSC 242) and (COSC 202 or COSC 241)
- Recommended Preparation
- Enrolment in this paper requires departmental approval. You will be advised once a decision has been made. and COSC 203 and COSC 204
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music, Science
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
Computer Science Adviser, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teaching staff
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
On completing the COSC385 research project the student will:
- Understand the background and context of a particular research problem in computer science
- Understand the nature of the research process
- Be able to analyse and synthesise research literature at an appropriate level
- Be able to carry out experiments and/or develop systems to explore a research problem
- Understand the standards for the communication of research results