An examination of the choreographic processes, aesthetic fusions and artistic vision of key contemporary choreographers of the 20th and 21st centuries.
|Paper title||Contemporary Dance Fusions|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,059.15|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,766.35|
- Prerequisite:(DANC 101 or THEA 153 ) and 18 further 200-level DANC, MUSI, PERF or THEA points.
- DANC 201
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Learning Outcomes
Knowledge relevant to the field
By the end of this course students will have:
- Gained an understanding of contemporary dance;
- Developed an understanding of the theories that inform studies of the genre;
- Acquired aesthetic and technical skills of particular contemporary choreographers and dance styles;
- Gained an understanding of choreographic composition and performance.
The course will enable students to:
- Construct effective academic essays that display coherent arguments;
- Effectively communicate ideas orally;
- Critically analyse choreographic compositions;
- Construct a research-based exegesis (critical and reflective analysis of their choreographic work).
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Teaching staff
Please contact Department of Music, Theatre & Performing Arts office for paper profile.