Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Research-informed learning related to the practice of contemporary evidence-based general dental practice and professional development.
To prepare students for general dental practice
|Paper title||Contemporary Dentistry|
|Teaching period||Full Year (29 January 2018 - 24 October 2018)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,565.35|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$15,133.03|
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
- Course Co-ordinator: Ms Suzanne Hanlin
- Felkey, Bill G., Fox, Brent I. and Thrower, Margaret R. Health Care Informatics: A
Skills-Based Resource American Pharmacists Association 2010.
Mark Ciampa & Mark Revel (2013) Introduction to Healthcare Information Technology COURSE TECHNOLOGY CENGUAGE Learning.
Wagner Karen A,, Wickha Frances Lee, Glaser John P., Health Care Information Systems Jossey-Bass 2013
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- To provide a forum for students to further develop caring behaviour to patients and respect of professional boundaries in relationships between themselves, their patients and members of the community
- To encourage a critically reflective approach to clinical practice that involves learning from experience and participating and contributing to peer review
- To demonstrate an ethos of lifelong professional growth and development while managing the "business of dentistry" in an ethical and socially responsible manner