Strategic design for entrepreneurial and/or intrapreneurial settings.
For a more complete description of this paper please view the Design for Technology website
|Paper title||Strategic Design|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,038.45|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,492.80|
- DESN 201 and 18 further DESN points
- DESI 419, DESI 429
- Design paper offerings are currently being reviewed. Paper selections require Departmental Permission.
- Design paper offerings are currently being reviewed.
Enrolments for design papers require Departmental Permission. View more information about Departmental Permission.
- Teaching staff
- Course Co-ordinator: to be confirmed
- Course reader provided.
- Course outline
- View course outlines for DESN papers
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Critical thinking, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Identify the value of strategic planning in the design of environments, products, and services
- Apply strategic design methods to develop innovative design concepts
- Examine both micro and macro perspectives in the study of specific entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial settings
- Develop a thorough understanding of market/consumer/user/societal needs
- Explore opportunities for developing breakthrough systems, services, environments and products
- Develop an ability to solve complex, multi-layered design problems within national and international commercial drivers