The physical and biological properties of materials important in the practice of dental technology.
|Paper title||Dental Materials 1|
|Teaching period||Full Year (17 February 2020 - 13 November 2020)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,248.90|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$6,217.20|
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
- Recommended reading list:
- Anusavice KJ, Phillips RW. Phillips' science of dental materials. 10th ed. Philadelphia: WB Saunders; 1996.
- Anusavice KJ, Phillips RW. Phillips' science of dental materials. 11th ed. Philadelphia, Pa. London: WB Saunders; 2003.
- Callister WD, Rethwisch DG. Materials science and engineering: an introduction. 8th ed. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons; 2010.
- Darvell BW. Materials science for dentistry. 9th ed. Boca Raton: Oxford [UK]: Woodhead; CRC Press; 2009.
- O'Brien WJ. Dental materials and their selection. 3rd ed. Chicago: Quintessence Pub. Co; 2002.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking,
Ethics, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- This paper will provide the student with an introduction to dental materials. The emphasis of the course will be on topics that complement the practical components of the course.