Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Involves students in the process of devising and developing an original piece of theatre appropriate for primary school audiences.
In this paper students will be actively involved in improvisation and devising a performance as a class. They will explore performance and direction techniques. There is a strong focus on creative collaborative work. The final product will be performed to an invited audience.
|Paper title||Drama for Children|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2020|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$863.25|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,954.75|
- EDSU 191, EDUO 121
- Teaching staff
To be confirmed if offered
- Teaching Arrangements
- This is a practical, hands-on paper. Students will be working in a class situation.
Textbooks are not required for this paper. Rather, there is a list of required readings.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Critical thinking, Environmental literacy, Information literacy, Self-motivation,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Collaborate on the creation of a performance for a child/pre-adolescent audience
- Develop a sense of the spatial, kinetic and verbal language of theatre
- Inquire into the potential functions and powers of drama
- Reflect on appropriate techniques and materials for simple staging and costuming and apply these in planning and creating the performance
- Demonstrate development in skills for performance