Means of facilitating classroom learning; conditions that foster learning; learning structures; resources; partnerships in learning.
How can you help people learn?
Learning does not just take place inside a
classroom. In this paper you will learn how to create the conditions to help people
learn, how to structure learning, and how to develop partnerships for learning. This
paper is relevant for a wide range of disciplines. Students from other areas of the
University have enjoyed success in this paper (e.g. social workers, fitness trainers,
sports coaches, and music tutors).
|Paper title||Making Learning Happen|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$904.05|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,954.75|
- EDUC 101 or EDUC 102 or 108 points.
- EDUC 257
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- With approval, students who have passed EDUC 105 prior to 2017 may be admitted without the normal prerequisite.
- Teaching staff
To be confirmed
Readings available through eReserve
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Communication, Critical thinking, Self-motivation,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- After successfully completing this paper, the student will be able to:
- Identify physical, emotional and intellectual features of environments that facilitate effective learning and develop a range of strategies and procedures to construct such environments
- Analyse critically the appropriateness of a range of models of classroom management within a contemporary framework of teaching and learning
- Articulate and defend the personal theories, beliefs and thinking that guide their own approaches to learning and engage in critical discourse on their own and others' practices
- Demonstrate their understanding of current classroom learning issues within a New Zealand context
- Demonstrate their ability to communicate effectively in writing in an appropriate academic style and standard