Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Introduction to logic synthesis in FPGAs, followed by an overview of the implementation of algorithms in hardware, including the representation of data and signals.
|Paper title||Logic Synthesis|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2021|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$673.90|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,981.97|
- Limited to
- BSc(Hons), PGDipSci, MSc, MAppSc
- Teaching staff
- Dr Tim Molteno
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Critical thinking, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- After completing this paper students are expected to:
- Have a working knowledge of modern logic synthesis techniques using the Verilog HDL
- Understand the techniques used to represent information in logic circuits
- Understand the benefits of implementing algorithms that process information in these circuits
- Use techniques for testing and validating the accuracy and performance of logic-based algorithms