Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Students embed in organisations internal and external to the university. GoSkills assignments and startup founder talks provide additional material used in assignments demonstrating how ENTR 101 content applies in practice.
|Paper title||Applied Entrepreneurial Practice|
|Teaching period||Semester 2 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$887.55|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- ENTR 101
- Limited to
- Schedule C
- Students taking a minor in Entrepreneurship should contact the Bachelor of Entrepreneurship Programme Director to discuss their eligibility for this paper.
- Teaching staff
Co-ordinator: Morgan Godfery
- Teaching staff
Textbooks are not required for this paper
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
communication, critical thinking, ethics, self-motivation, teamwork
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the paper will be able to:
- Demonstrate a range of a personal and interpersonal skills including working well in teams, setting priorities, time management, and effective verbal and written communication in the business context (self-motivation, teamwork)
- Appreciate the experience and realities of entrepreneurs in their place of operation (ethics)
- Clearly present evidence that their placement experience was completed and summarise main observations and insights (communication)
- Critically reflect on placement experience and learning derived from placement and present in an appropriate written form (critical thinking)