Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Investigation of a problem at a critical and analytical level, backed by appropriate applied and academic literature.
|Paper title||Research Project|
|Teaching period||1st Non standard period (28 February 2022 - 23 February 2023) (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,264.77|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
- To be advised
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will
- Plan and conduct an independent research project that will be relevant to the chosen academic discipline (research)
- Apply critical thinking skills and (potentially) interdisciplinary approaches to the chosen discipline and research topic (critical thinking)
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently (self-motivation)
- Be able to write a research report with a high level of communication skills (verbal and written) (critical thinking, communication)