An extension of the communicative approach seeking to develop linguistic skills appropriate to students’ future career and social needs.
Writing your diary or a love poem in French while in Paris? Writing an essay or your dissertation in French while on exchange in France? FREN 336 will help you improve your writing skills in one of the most important European languages and will certainly boost your future career and social needs.
|Paper title||Advanced French 4|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$886.35|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,766.35|
- One of FREN 335, FREN 221, FREN 311, FREN 331.
If you have previous knowledge of the language you can still enrol in this paper via Special Permission by proceeding with your application process to the Review and Submit page or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- FREN 321, FREN 332
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Suitable for students with good French-language skills.
- Teaching staff
- Dr Constantin Grigorut
- Paper Structure
- Very complex weekly exercises of dynamic, adaptive French grammar combined with complex individual writing projects aimed at mastery of grammatical and lexical systems in French, as well as the development of intercultural competence and creativity.
Le Petit Robert (any edition).
Le nouveau Bescherelle: l'art de conjuger (any edition).
Bescherelle: French verbs (any edition).
Maurice Grevisse. Le Bon Usage (any edition).
Dictionnaire de synonymes (any edition).
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- FREN 336 aims to develop:
- A high level of writing skills in French
- A high level of oral communication skills, useful not only in everyday situations, but also in a more specific (cultural or scientific) environment
- A high level of self-motivation through major written projects in French