Topics in French language and culture, taught and examined in French.
In 2018 FREN 341 is called Myth as intertext in 20th Century French Novel, Drama and Film and will explore modern myth insertions in the French cultural space during the second half of the 20th Century.
|Paper title||Topics in French|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$868.95|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,656.70|
- FREN 232 or FREN 211
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Teaching Arrangements
- Three lectures per week.
- Suitable for students with good French-language skills as texts and a proportion of the lectures will be in French.
- Teaching staff
- Dr Constantin Grigorut
- Paper Structure
- The students will explore myths in Claude Berri's films Jean de Florette and Manon des Sources in addition to Michel Tournier's novel Ã‰lÃ©azar ou La source et le buisson and Jean Giraudoux' play La Guerre de Troie n'aura pas lieu.
- Tournier, Michel. ?ël?®azar ou La Source et le Buisson. Paris: Gallimard, 1996.
Giraudoux, Jean. La Guerre de Troie nÔÇÖaura pas lieu. Paris: Grasset, 1936.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Critical thinking,
Cultural understanding, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The course aims to develop linguistic skills necessary in text and film analysis.