2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
Clinical practice combined with self-directed special topics designed to allow upgrading of general practice dentistry skills.
The programme will provide a learning framework that will allow candidates to advance their academic and clinical skills in aspects of general practice dentistry. The programme's goal is to provide dental practitioners with advanced skills in a range of disciplines that will be of benefit to the public. The programme aims to broaden students in advanced clinical skills and update them on current advances in clinical practice and issues involving the delivery of general practice dentistry. Students will be able to critically evaluate these concepts and will understand scientific method. The programme design is structured in order for candidates to apply their course work to Dental Council of NZ and/or NZDA accreditation/continued dental education requirements.
|Paper title||General Practice II|
|Subject||General Practice for Dentistry|
|Teaching period||1st Non standard period (20 January 2020 - 11 December 2020)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$18,719.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$34,070.50|
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
- Course Co-ordinator: Professor Karl Lyons
- Textbooks are not required for this paper - reading material is paper/journal based.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Critical thinking, Environmental
literacy, Information literacy, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- This paper is designed to allow the upgrading of general practice dentistry skills through clinical practice combined with self-directed special topics in particular clinical areas.