The management of common surgical problems appropriate to be managed in a rural hospital setting. Includes general surgery, urology, vascular surgery, ophthalmology and ENT.
|Paper title||Surgical Specialties in Rural Hospitals|
|Teaching period||1st Non standard period (9 July 2018 - 10 November 2018)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,373.25|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,745.00|
- GENX 722
- Limited to
- PGCertRPHP, PGDipGP, PGDipPHC, PGDipRPHP
- Teaching staff
- To be advised
- Teaching Arrangements
- Distance learning and residential (four days)
- Readings supplied at the start of the paper
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Critical thinking, Ethics, Information literacy.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will demonstrate the ability to manage common surgical problems in rural hospitals.