Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
The management of common surgical problems appropriate to be managed in a rural hospital setting. Includes general surgery, urology, vascular surgery, ophthalmology and ENT.
|Paper title||Surgical Specialties in Rural Hospitals|
|Teaching period(s)||First Semester
Second Semester (12 July 2021 - 6 December 2021) (Distance learning)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,444.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,337.00|
- GENX 722
- Limited to
- PGCertRPHP, PGDipGP, PGDipPHC, PGDipRPHP
- Teaching staff
- Teaching Arrangements
- Distance learning and residential (four days)
- Readings supplied at the start of the paper
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Critical thinking, Ethics, Information literacy.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will demonstrate the ability to manage common surgical problems in rural hospitals.