Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
A supervised research dissertation of up to 20,000 words on an approved topic.
|Paper title||Research Dissertation|
|Teaching period(s)||1st Non standard period (1 March 2021 - 25 February 2022)
2nd Non standard period (5 July 2021 - 24 June 2022) (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,139.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$11,356.00|
- Limited to
- More information link
- Teaching staff
Course Co-ordinator: Dr Rebecca Stringer
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Critical thinking, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students successfully completing the paper will be able to demonstrate an:
- Ability to design and develop a coherent and appropriate research question that draws on the theoretical and methodological knowledge of their chosen discipline. (Scholarship, Self-motivation)
- Ability to plan, conduct, analyse and report an original research study in their chosen discipline. (Information Literacy, Research, Communication)
- Aptitude for considering and evaluating evidence; for engaging in the highest ethical standards of research and scholarship; and for approaching their research with flexibility, adaptability and creativity. (Critical Thinking, Ethics)
- Intellectual openness and curiosity and an awareness of the limits of current knowledge in their chosen field as well as the links amongst disciplines. (Interdisciplinary Perspective)
- Understanding of how their research relates to society and, where appropriate, use their research to contribute to wider society, whether within or outside New Zealand, and, where appropriate, to the environment and Māori aspirations. (Global Perspective, Lifelong Learning, Cultural Understanding, Environmental Literacy)