Topics of current interest in human geography; tutorials, field and practical work as required.
Health and wellbeing appears to be everywhere: public health campaigns on billboards,
the odd advertisement on TV or it simply may be a chat with your class mates about
how you feel today. Health and wellbeing is multifaceted, complex and not always easy
to come to terms with.
GEOG 379 explores the roles that physical and social environments play for inequalities in health and wellbeing. It looks across scales and spaces to explore concepts and debates on social justice.
|Paper title||Special Topic in Human Geography|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2018, expected to be offered in 2019|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,038.45|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,492.80|
- GEOG 102 or 108 points
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music, Science
- More information link
- View further information about GEOG 379
- Teaching staff
- Involvement from various staff in the Department of Geography
- A text book is not required for the course
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Scholarship, Communication, Critical
thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Research, Self-motivation,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- To gain greater knowledge in topics of current interest in Geography.