A dissertation of up to 20,000 words on an approved research topic.
|Points||60 points 60 points|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year, 1st Non standard period (8 July 2019 - 17 June 2020)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,922.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$16,550.00|
- Limited to
- BA(Hons), BAppSc(Hons), BSc(Hons), PGDipArts, PGDipSci
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
- View further information about GEOG 490
- Teaching staff
Supervisor: Each student will be supervised by a member of staff most relevant to the proposed area of research.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teaching Arrangements
- Postgraduate seminars run by the Department of Geography, and relevant to the research process, are designed with GEOG 490 students in mind. Your attendance at these seminars is compulsory.
- Text books are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Ethics, Environmental
literacy, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who complete this paper will have learned the skills they need to complete the second research-focused year of the programme.
- Paper Structure
Students initiate an independently driven research project. Research is undertaken with a specific sub-discipline of geography/environmental management, supervised and advised by one or more academic staff members.