Selected topics of current interest in geology; topics to be announced each year. Not necessarily offered each year. Special restrictions will apply.
This paper is used to accommodate students who need to take papers outside of the regular core and optional 200- or 300-level geology papers (e.g., when a visiting lecturer offers a paper that does fit within an existing paper description.) This paper is not a "taught optional course". Do not enrol in this paper unless you have contacted the Department of Geology.
|Paper title||Special Topic|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2019|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,059.15|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,627.65|
- GEOL 251 and GEOL 252
- Schedule C
This paper will be suitable for students who have completed introductory geology (first year) papers.
Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. Viewmore information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
- Various academic staff involved.
- Paper Structure
- To be determined prior to the start of the paper. Usually, this paper will follow a similar format to the other optional 200- or 300-level geology papers.
- Will depend on the paper/topic in the semester in which the paper is offered.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Critical thinking.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Greater knowledge in topics of current interest in Geology.