Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
In-depth study of German themes in literature and culture at an advanced level.
|Paper title||Advanced Topics in German|
|Teaching period(s)||Semester 1
Semester 2 (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,154.90|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,801.79|
Taught in German. Admission to BA Honours in German or German at B2+ or C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Teaching staff
- Teaching Arrangements
- The class meets once a week (2 hours).
The paper has a seminar format in which the students are expected to read the set texts, prepare questions and lead discussion in class.
- To be advised.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Critical thinking, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will develop
- Advanced research and academic writing skills
- Improved information literacy and familiarity with academic resources in both English and German
- Enhanced familiarity with a particular subject area and its broader context
- A critical appreciation of secondary material in the field