Application of knowledge of sport and exercise nutrition to a real-world situation, providing practical skills for professions.
HUNT 445 will provide the opportunity for students to gain applied hands-on experience in sport and exercise nutrition, including consultations with athletes. This paper will help scaffold the transition from tertiary education into employment.
|Paper title||Applications in Sport and Exercise Nutrition|
|Teaching period(s)||Semester 1
Semester 1 (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,748.85|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Suitable for graduates and professionals wishing to work in the area of sport and exercise nutrition.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Human Nutrition's website
- Teaching staff
- Paper Structure
The paper covers:
- The role of a sports nutritionist.
- The assessment and monitoring of an active individual, determining goals, evaluating an individual's needs and providing them with nutritional information.
- Ethics and professionalism.
- Teaching Arrangements
The Distance Learning offering of this paper is taught remotely.
Please note that a University branded polo shirt is a required course related cost for this paper.
- Textbooks are not required.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Critical thinking, Research, Communication, Ethics.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- By the end of HUNT 445 students should be able to:
- Evaluate the nutritional needs of active individuals.
- Engage in discussions with active individuals about sport and exercise nutrition.
- Evaluate nutritional interventions from an evidence-based perspective.