Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Application of knowledge of sport and exercise nutrition to a real-world situation, providing practical skills for professions.
HUNT 445 will provide the opportunity for students to gain applied hands-on experience in sport and exercise nutrition. This paper will help scaffold the transition from tertiary education into employment.
|Paper title||Applications in Sport and Exercise Nutrition|
|Teaching period(s)||First Semester, First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,673.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,967.53|
- Suitable for graduates and professionals wishing to work in the area of sport and exercise nutrition.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Human Nutrition's website
- Teaching staff
- Dr Katherine Black
- Paper Structure
- The paper covers:
- The role of a sports nutritionist
- The assessment and monitoring of an active individual, determining goals, evaluating an individual's needs
- Ethics and professionalism
- Teaching Arrangements
Please note that a University branded polo shirt is a required course related cost for this paper.
- Textbooks are not required.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Critical thinking, Research, Communication, Ethics.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- By the end of HUNT 445 students should be able to:
- Evaluate the nutritional needs of active individuals.
- Engage in discussions with active individuals about sport and exercise nutrition.
- Evaluate nutritional interventions from an evidence-based perspective.