An in-depth study of a specific topic of interest in the field of human nutrition.
|Paper title||Advanced Topics in Human Nutrition|
|Points||20 points 20 points|
|Teaching period(s)||First Semester, Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,590.98|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,357.07|
- HUNT 453
- Limited to
- BAppSc(Hons), BSc(Hons), PGDipAppSc, PGDipSci, MSc, MAppSc
- Students who have not passed HUNT 453 may be admitted with approval from the Postgraduate Co-ordinator or the Head of Department.
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Human Nutrition's website
- Teaching staff
- Staff will vary depending on the topic.
- Paper Structure
- The student works independently, supported by regular meetings with a supervisor, to complete a literature review of a specific topic of interest in the field of human nutrition.
- Teaching Arrangements
- Regular meetings set in consultation with a supervisor.
- Text books are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding,
Ethics, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- By the end of this paper students will have further developed their ability to communicate technical information and to critically appraise scientific literature in the field of human nutrition.