A supervised project involving original research and leading to the production of a dissertation.
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year
1st Non standard period (10 July 2023 - 19 June 2024) (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,245.50|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- BAppSc(Hons), BSc(Hons), PGDipAppSc, PGDipSci
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Human Nutrition's website
- Teaching staff
- Paper Structure
- The student works independently, supported by regular meetings with a supervisor, to complete a piece of original research and to write it up in the form of a dissertation.
- Teaching Arrangements
- Regular meetings set in consultation with a supervisor.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding,
Ethics, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- By the end of this paper students will have further developed their ability to communicate technical information and to critically appraise scientific literature in the field of human nutrition.