Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
A supervised project involving original research and leading to the production of a dissertation.
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year, 1st Non standard period (5 July 2021 - 26 June 2022)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,019.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$17,899.00|
- Limited to
- BAppSc(Hons), BSc(Hons), PGDipAppSc, PGDipSci
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Human Nutrition's website
- Teaching staff
- Staff will vary depending on the supervisor.
- Paper Structure
- The student works independently, supported by regular meetings with a supervisor, to complete a piece of original research and to write it up in the form of a dissertation.
- Teaching Arrangements
- Regular meetings set in consultation with a supervisor.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding,
Ethics, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- By the end of this paper students will have further developed their ability to communicate technical information and to critically appraise scientific literature in the field of human nutrition.