Preparation of a thesis proposal/preliminary thesis research. Normally taken by students in the papers year for a Master’s degree by papers and thesis.
|Paper title||Master's Thesis Preparation|
|Points||40 points 40 points|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year, 1st Non standard period (1 January 2020 - 31 December 2020)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,809.62|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$11,583.84|
- Limited to
- Normally taken by students in the papers-year for a master's degree by papers and thesis.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Human Nutrition's website
- Teaching staff
- Paper Structure
- Students complete preliminary reading on the research topic, the outline of a literature review, development of the research protocol and ethics application (if relevant).
- Teaching Arrangements
- Regular meetings set in consultation with a supervisor.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork, scholarship, communication.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- By the end of this paper students will have further developed their ability to communicate technical information and to critically appraise scientific literature in the field of human nutrition.