Preparation of a thesis proposal/preliminary thesis research. Normally taken by students in the papers year for a Master’s degree by papers and thesis.
|Paper title||Master's Thesis Preparation|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year
1st Non standard period (10 July 2023 - 19 June 2024) (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,024.60|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
Normally taken by students in the papers-year for a Master's degree by papers and thesis.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Human Nutrition's website
- Teaching staff
- Paper Structure
Students complete preliminary reading on a research topic, complete a significant part of a literature review including outline, identify key considerations for ethics applications, and present a seminar on their proposed research project.
- Teaching Arrangements
- Regular meetings set in consultation with a supervisor.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork, scholarship, communication.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- By the end of this paper students will have further developed their ability to communicate technical information and to critically appraise scientific literature in the field of human nutrition.