The law as to the various kinds of torts.
|Paper title||Law of Torts|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,292.40|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,712.00|
- 96 LAWS points
- Pre or Corequisite
- Any 200-level LAWS paper not already passed
- Limited to
- LLB, LLB(Hons)
- More information link
- View more information on the Faculty of Law's website
- Teaching staff
- Dr Maria Hook
Dr Simon Connell
Mr Rodriguez Ferrere
Mr Barry Allan
- All Course Materials for LAWS 301 Law of Torts are provided to students by the Faculty.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic elements of each tort covered
- Discuss the various issues arising in respect of each tort covered and account for how they have been resolved in New Zealand and other relevant jurisdictions
- Demonstrate an appreciation of how tortious obligations relate to other sources of legal obligations and rights
- Discuss the rationale for the accident compensation scheme, its core concepts and definitions and its shortcomings.