Advanced studies in the holding and devolution of family property under current law with special reference to asset protection and estate planning.
This paper deals with the law governing relationship property, asset protection, estate planning and other means of arranging family property to suit the needs of individuals. The classes are run as seminars with class presentations by students.
|Paper title||Advanced Family Property|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$646.20|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,856.00|
- LAWS 462
- Pre or Corequisite
- LAWS 311 and any 200-level LAWS paper not already passed
- Limited to
- LLB, LLB(Hons)
- Not all optional papers will be available in any given year.
- More information link
- View more information on the Faculty of Law's website
- Teaching staff
- Professor Margaret Briggs
- Course materials are provided by the Faculty.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students will be better informed in practice to support their clients in matters relating to relationship property, asset protection, estate planning and other means of arranging family property.