2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
The principles of the law relating to the sale of goods, consumer guarantees, deceptive practices and consumer credit.
Freedom of contract has given way to detailed statutory regulation in the interests of consumer protection. This paper considers the more important forms of that regulation against the background of general sales law and economic theories of consumer behaviour. In particular, it examines consumer guarantees, fair trading and consumer credit legislation.
|Paper title||Commercial and Consumer Law|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$672.30|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,118.80|
- LAWS 202 and 66 further LAWS points
- Pre or Corequisite
- Any 200-level LAWS paper not already passed
- Limited to
- LLB, LLB(Hons)
- Not all optional papers will be available in any given year.
- More information link
- View more information on the Faculty of Law's website
- Teaching staff
- Course materials are provided by the Faculty.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students will have a detailed knowledge of:
- Sales law
- Consumer Law
- Consumer Credit Law