Selected advanced topics within taxation.
Topics include the administration of tax, "tax as public law", the taxation of domestic and international trusts, international taxation and tax avoidance.
|Paper title||Advanced Taxation|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2023 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$710.30|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- LAWS 416
- Pre or Corequisite
- Any 200-level LAWS paper not already passed
- Limited to
- LLB, LLB(Hons)
- May not be credited together with LAWS475 passed in 2014.
- Teaching staff
- Professor Shelley Griffiths
- Course materials are provided by the Faculty.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will gain an in-depth understanding of selected topics in taxation
- The administration of tax
- "Tax as public law"
- The taxation of domestic and international trusts
- International taxation
- Tax avoidance