Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
An examination of the use of economic analysis to identify and explain policy issues in selected areas of law.
|Paper title||Law and Economics|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2019|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$659.10|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,970.20|
- LAWS 301 and 66 further LAWS points
- Pre or Corequisite
- Any 200-level LAWS paper not already passed.
- Limited to
- LLB, LLB(Hons)
- Not all optional papers will be available in any given year.
- More information link
- View more information on the Faculty of Law's website
- Teaching staff
- To be advised.
- Course materials are provided by the Faculty.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Global perspective, Interdisciplinary
perspective, Communication, Environmental literacy, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Graduates in practice will be able to use economic analysis to identify and explain policy issues in selected areas of law.