General principles of legislation and the legislative process, the structure of legislation (including delegated and subordinate legislation), judicial review of legislation, statutory interpretation and construction, legislative drafting, codification.
This paper explores contemporary practice and theory on statutory interpretation.
|Paper title||Advanced Legislation|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2018|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$646.20|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,856.00|
- 96 LAWS points
- Pre or Corequisite
- Any 200-level LAWS paper not already passed
- Limited to
- LLB, LLB(Hons)
- (i) Not all optional papers will be available in any given year. (ii) Pending approval this paper may be offered in 2018 Summer School.
- More information link
- View more information on the Faculty of Law's website
- Teaching staff
- Professor Jeff Pojanowski
- Course materials are provided by the Faculty.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Scholarship, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Specific to the paper