Examination of issues relating to the Treaty of Waitangi.
The focus of this paper will be contemporary legislation, litigation and Waitangi Tribunal inquiries concerning Treaty issues and Māori property rights. We will examine in more depth the place of the Treaty in the New Zealand state legal system, building on its consideration in Public Law.
|Paper title||Treaty of Waitangi|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$646.20|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,856.00|
- LAWS 204 and 66 further LAWS points
- Pre or Corequisite
- Any 200-level LAWS paper not already passed
- Limited to
- LLB, LLB(Hons)
- Not all optional papers will be available in any given year.
- More information link
- View more information on the Faculty of Law's website
- Teaching staff
- Professor John Dawson
- Course materials provided.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Analysis of contemporary legislation, litigation and Waitangi Tribunal inquiries concerning Treaty issues and MÄori property rights.