Advanced studies in company law.
This paper builds upon and expands the material covered in the Company Law paper (LAWS 407). A selection of topics involving such areas as the powers, duties and liabilities of directors; issues raised by corporate trustees; voidable transactions and shareholder rights and remedies will be considered.
|Paper title||Advanced Company Law|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$672.30|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,118.80|
- (LAWS 307 and 66 further LAWS points) or (LAWS 407 and 81 further LAWS points)
- Pre or Corequisite
- Any 200-level LAWS paper not already passed
- Limited to
- LLB, LLB(Hons)
- (i) Not all optional papers will be available in any given year. (ii) May not be credited together with LAWS482 passed before 2007.
- More information link
- View more information on the Faculty of Law's website
- Teaching staff
- Professor Scott
- Course materials are provided.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
The aims of this paper include:
- Assisting you to develop your understanding of the company as a legal entity.
- Providing you with detailed knowledge of selected company law rules.
- Developing your ability to read case law with close attention and perception and subject it to critical analysis.
- Assisting you to develop your confidence and skills, not only in researching, analysing and assimilating new legal material, but also in the oral and written presentation and exposition of that material to others.