Consideration of selected issues in international taxation.
This paper focuses on international taxation, based on the OECD model double tax agreement.
|Paper title||Special Topic 3: Issues in International Tax|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2020, expected to be offered in 2023|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$672.30|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,118.80|
- 96 LAWS points
- Pre or Corequisite
- Any 200-level LAWS paper not already passed
- Limited to
- LLB, LLB(Hons)
- Not all optional papers will be available in any given year.
- More information link
- View more information on the Faculty of Law's website
- Teaching staff
To be confirmed
- Course materials are provided.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking,
Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information literacy, Research,
Self-motivation, Interdisciplinary perspective, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Knowledge of the basic components of taxation in New Zealand and the United States
- Knowledge of basic tax treaties in New Zealand, United States and OECD countries
- Knowledge of tax treaty issues
- The ability to analyse tax treaties
- The ability to deal with legal problems arising under tax treaties
- The ability to adapt knowledge about New Zealand tax treaties to analysis and application of analogous overseas and international law