Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
|Paper title||Special Topic 8: Mediation|
|Teaching period||Semester 1 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$691.30|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- 96 LAWS points
- Pre or Corequisite
- Any 200-level LAWS paper not already passed
- Limited to
- LLB, LLB(Hons)
- Not all optional papers will be available in any given year.
- More information link
- View more information on the Faculty of Law's website
- Teaching staff
Course readings via eReserve.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Information literacy,
Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will:
- Learn and practice mediator skills
- Become more effective when appearing as counsel for a party in a mediation
- Improve fluency and confidence in speaking and communication skills
- Improve the quality of written expression