A supervised research essay of 6,500 words in an approved topic in Linguistics.
|Paper title||Research Essay|
|Points||18 points 18 points|
|Teaching period(s)||First Semester, Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for 2020 have not yet been set|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- 18 300-level LING points
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
- Teaching staff
Linguistics staff (at least all 4 staff in the Ling Department)
- Teaching Arrangements
Bi-weekly meetings with a linguistics lecturer.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking, Information literacy, Research,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theoretical and conceptual approaches to the study of Linguistics;
- Identify relevant sources, primary, secondary, oral and other, for analysing Linguistics;
- Undertake independent, self-directed research;
- Apply understanding and knowledge through written analysis and oral presentations.