A supervised research essay of 6,500 words in an approved topic in Linguistics.
|Paper title||Research Essay|
|Teaching period(s)||Semester 1
Semester 2 (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$955.05|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- 18 300-level LING points
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. Students must make arrangements with a staff member to supervise their work BEFORE enrolling for the paper. View more information about departmental permission.
Dr Hunter Hatfield - email@example.com
- More information link
View more information on the English and Linguistics Programme website
- Teaching staff
Linguistics staff (at least all 4 staff in the Linguistics Programme).
- Teaching Arrangements
Meeting every other week with a linguistics lecturer.
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking, Information literacy, Research,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theoretical and conceptual approaches to the study of Linguistics
- Identify relevant sources, primary, secondary, oral and other, for analysing Linguistics
- Undertake independent, self-directed research
- Apply understanding and knowledge through written analysis and oral presentations