Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
A supervised course of advanced study and research in an approved topic in Linguistics, resulting in a research paper and a presentation. The topic will be selected by the student in consultation with the supervisor.
|Paper title||Advanced Topic in Linguistics|
|Teaching period||Semester 1 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for 2022 have not yet been set|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- BA(Hons), MA(Coursework), MA(Thesis)
- More information link
- Teaching staff
No textbooks required
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Information literacy,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theoretical and conceptual approaches to the study of Linguistics
- Identify relevant sources, primary, secondary, oral and other, for analysing Linguistics
- Develop scholarly knowledge of a specific research area
- Undertake independent, self-directed research
- Apply understanding and knowledge through written analysis and oral presentations