Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
A dissertation of between 15,000 and 20,000 words.
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year
1st Non standard period (12 July 2021 - 24 June 2022) (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,464.00|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$14,402.50|
- Limited to
- BA(Hons), PGDipArts
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of English and Linguistics website
- Teaching staff
- Supervision to be arranged by Linguistics staff.
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will
- Demonstrate comprehension of core concepts related to the topic
- Locate the topic within more general knowledge of the field of study
- Use an appropriate methodology for investigating the topic
- Collect original data
- Demonstrate the ability to analyse data and draw appropriate conclusions
- Report the results of the study in appropriate language and format