Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Development, planning and implementation of operational and quality tools, techniques, and systems which are used to drive excellence in organisations and all business environments.
Interest in the improvement of product, process and service quality has grown rapidly, both in New Zealand and internationally, during recent years. Research interest, papers and books on quality management in all functions of organisation have also been increasing rapidly. The demand from business and service organisations for graduates with knowledge of the principles, tools and practice of quality management has increased substantially in the last few years. This has also become a popular area of study for postgraduate study recently.
|Paper title||Operational Excellence|
|Teaching period||Semester 2 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$872.70|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,405.05|
- MANT 251 and 18 further 200-level points
- Schedule C
- More information link
- Teaching staff
Co-ordinator: Richard Greatbanks
- Teaching Arrangements
This paper is taught via lectures and tutorials.
- To be advised.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will
- Gain an understanding of the principles and philosophies of quality management and operational excellence
- Develop an understanding of quality management concepts, systems, tools and techniques used to improve quality within business and commerce
- Explore popular approaches and practices used to improve product, process and service quality levels
- Be able to place quality management theory within the context of application and practice