Understanding, gathering and using the multitude of human resources data available within the workplace. Using statistical techniques and specialised computer programs to interpret this data and use the outcomes to support organisational performance.
|Paper title||Special Topic: Managing Teams in Organisations|
|Teaching period||Summer School|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$846.30|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,073.10|
- BSNS 105 or (MANT 101 and BSNS 111); and 36 200-level points from Commerce Schedule C.
- Schedule C
- Teaching staff
Visiting Guest Lecturer: Professor Robert Moorman
To be advised.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Scholarship, Communication, Critical
thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information literacy,
Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
1. Improve student understanding of the behaviour of individuals in teams.
2. Introduce and apply tools for diagnosing and enhancing team effectiveness.
3. Increase student awareness of how successful business executives lead teams and what separates them from their unsuccessful counterparts.
4. Provide students experience in applying different theories and frameworks in order to diagnose and propose solutions to complex and ill-defined problems related to the function and management of teams.
5. Help students more effectively communicate observations and recommendations about teams and teamwork in oral form.