Topics in research, history, philosophy, theory and practice. Topic emphasis and learning methods vary according to instructor and student interest.
|Paper title||Research Process|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,079.88|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,786.79|
- 72 300-level MANT points
- More information link
- Teaching staff
- Coordinator: Dr Annie Zhang
- Teaching Arrangements
- Lectures / workshops.
- Text books are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Critical thinking, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Understand different research approaches, the nature of knowledge and the ways it is produced and interpreted
- Follow the argument of academic papers published in peer-reviewed journals written for an academic audience, and critically appreciate the research methods used to support these arguments
- dentify research managerial and research problems, justify research questions and develop research hypotheses
- Design and conduct a piece of research adopting a quantitative/qualitative approach
- Write a well-articulated and logically structured research paper.