2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
Evaluate and critique the concept of social responsibility, understand the context of it and how it functions operationally and at the governance level.
|Paper title||Governance and Social Responsibility|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,101.55|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,026.17|
- 72 300-level MANT points
- More information link
- Teaching staff
Co-ordinator: Dr Jeff Foote
- Teaching Arrangements
- Lectures, small group discussions and readings, case analysis and interaction with outside organisations.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Information literacy,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Develop an understanding of governance and what that might mean in the New Zealand business context
- Examine the nature and role that governance plays in creating organisational effectiveness
- Develop critical understandings of the literatures in the areas of governance and use this to make sense of case materials