Evaluate and critique the concept of social responsibility, understand the context of it and how it functions operationally and at the governance level.
|Paper title||Governance and Social Responsibility|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,079.88|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,786.79|
- 72 300-level MANT points
- More information link
- Teaching staff
- Co-ordinator: Dr Brian Spisak
- Teaching Arrangements
- Lectures, small group discussions and readings, case analysis and interaction with outside organisations.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Information literacy,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Develop an understanding of governance and what that might mean in the New Zealand business context
- Examine the nature and role that governance plays in creating organisational effectiveness
- Develop critical understandings of the literatures in the areas of governance and use this to make sense of case materials