Consideration of seminal and contemporary literature in strategic management, change and innovation across a range of subject areas in order to develop an appreciation for key questions that lie ahead for research and practice.
|Paper title||Strategic Change and Innovation|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,079.88|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,786.79|
- 72 300-level MANT points
- More information link
- Teaching staff
- Teaching Arrangements
- Lectures, small group discussions and readings, case analysis and interaction with outside organisations.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Information literacy,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Develop an appreciation for the range of choices, actions and processes that collectively constitute an organisation's strategy
- Develop and apply critical and strategic thinking to decision making, taking into account competing perspectives and discipline areas
- Develop an understanding of the concept of competitive advantage and its sources
- Improve written and verbal communication skills to present coherent and persuasive analyses of academic readings and case studies